Pocket Friendly Trip 1: Croatia
5 –12 October, 2019 | 8 Days/7 Nights
(Zagreb – Plitvice Lakes – Split – Dubrovnik)
We all nurture travel dreams. But some dreams come with a price tag. One look and we set it aside, thinking some day we will be able to afford it. Wonderful World is happy to announce Pocket-Friendly Trips for the budget traveller. To save a little, we will stay in 3-star but centrally located hotels and even at charming BnBs for a ‘local’ experience. Rest assured, we will not miss out on the joy of travelling by cutting costs. So, we will join larger organized tours with a knowledgeable guide to soak in the history and culture of the chosen destination. Having said all this, we will continue with our USP of travelling in small groups.
This trip to Croatia will be our first Pocket-Friendly Trip – PFT.
If you dream of balmy days, of sitting by gorgeous blue waters, walking cobble-stoned streets in ancient walled cities, truffle-infused meals accompanied by great local wines, then make your dreams come true at this gem called Croatia. We bring you an escape covering the major highlights of the country – Dubrovnik, Split, Zagreb, and Plitvice Lakes.
We begin the tour at the capital city of Zagreb. Zagreb, a small metropolis, made for strolling streets, sipping a cuppa in the perennially full cafés, taking in the Austo-Hungarian architecture, is a must do!
Thereafter, we visit the Plitvice Lakes National Park. Feast your eyes on a string of 16 beautiful lakes of blue and green waters. Fed by small streams and brooks, they spill into each other in 92 foaming cascades and thundering waterfalls.
Further, we visit the World Heritage sites of Dubrovnik and Split. During your sightseeing tours here, discover hidden secrets many visitors miss and gain insight into the cities’ colourful past.
Our trip involves hotel stays in the heart of each town. In Dubrovnik we will stay at Air BnBs to ensure we are staying in the Old City.
All sightseeing tours in this itinerary are guided group tours – we will be joining a larger group to explore the cities and their popular and hidden gems.
Like all our trips, this too will have a mixture of activity and leisure time. So, come explore Croatia with Wonderful World.
- Visit Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Enjoy guided walking tours of Dubrovnik and Split
- Take a tour of the island of Hvar (optional)
- And free time to get lost – a must do!
- We need minimum 7 confirmations to do this tour
- Overnight at an Air B&B in Dubrovnik; these are incredibly charming and we will try our best to get twin-sharing rooms, but in some cases they may be double beds
- All of Dubrovnik is up and down the stairs; so be ready to burn some calories
- We have taken the exchange rate as on 11th February 2019. If there is more than a 10% change in the exchange rate, cost will be revised