Bucket List series 1 – (Hunting the Northern Lights, Dec-2019)
14 –22 December, 2019 | 9 Days/8 Nights
Would you like to be one of the few women that get to visit Norway?
Yes, we know that it may be one of the most expensive countries in the world to visit – but it also has some of the highest Aurora Borealis activity in the world – Tromsø is located in the middle of the Northern Lights Oval, which means you have the greatest chance of seeing the lights, regardless of the sun’s cycles.
Come with us, this winter, to hunt the Northern Lights.
We were there in 2018 and 2019 and it was an experience of a lifetime.
So, come with us on a voyage of discovery, to look up at the starry arctic sky, north of the Arctic Circle, where the northern lights are visible 252 nights a year.
Experience that stunning arctic blue light, which one can enjoy only in winter.
We have built in 3 nights in Tromsø – one of the best places in the world to view the Aurora, as statistically if you spend 3 nights in Tromsø – we should get a good sighting at least on one night.
And we have added on some land experiences to our holiday so that all essential Norwegian experiences can be enjoyed on a single trip.
Spend 9 days and 8 nights in one of the world’s most beautiful countries.
We land in Oslo and spend a day in this modern Scandinavian city. Then take one of the most scenic rail journeys from Oslo to Flam. If you had the chance to only do one train ride in your lifetime, this would be it. The landscape is stunning, it’s versatile and simply out of the world.
Then transfer to Bergen and take in the architecture of this old city, with some buildings dating back 900 years. Walking around Bergen is one of our favourite parts of this holiday and a wonderful way to see this charming city.
And the next part of the journey is super-exciting as we spend 3 nights chasing the lights – in the best place to view them.
And we have built in enough time!
The time of the year is great, the chances to see the lights are very high.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP
- Stay in comfortable 4 star hotels centrally located
- Take the scenic ride from Oslo to Flam
- Walk around the UNESCO heritage site – Bergen
- Have the best shot at spotting the Northern Lights – with three nights dedicated in Tromsø
Good to know, before you go:
- Outside temperatures range between + 5 C to -10 C. but the hotels are warm and cosy. We will give you a packing list to help you stay warm.
- As you probably realise, we don’t have a hotline to the Gods. So, while we have picked 8the best time of the year for you to see the northern lights. Remember you will have a window of opportunity that lasts 3 nights
Please also remember that the Northern Lights is a natural phenomenon. We cannot guarantee its appearance. However, we do guarantee that we will channel every positive thought in our heads towards hoping the lights put in a few grand appearances for you.